Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Churches and Cathedrals


Well this entry is going to be one of the more straight forward and to the point entry, lacking my tangent thoughts. Since I have been in Barcelona I have seen more Churches then I think I have in the States. Not only have I been inside a wide variety of churches I have been in Museums with some of the original apse and art work from romanesque churches throughout Cataluna.

Also last weekend I went with the other girls in the group and walked around Sangrada Familia. What I just cant get over is that I was actually there in person! It was all very surreal, I mean I have always imagined going there - but I was actually there, how ridiculous is that? So here are pictures from all the various churches I have been to in Barcelona.


All of the Pics from Sangrada Familia





The Cathedral










View from Cathedral Roof



Rose Windows


Inside Santa Maria del Mar



Another Church - dont know the name



So thats it - those are some of the pictures of a few churches that I went to in Barcelona. There where so many other amazing buildings throughout the Barrio Gotico, including old pillars from the roman era, it was just too amazing not to include a picture. It smelled really bad here - and there where apartments sounding the area - I could not imagine have that smell around me 24-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment